Find an Installation Contractor
Browse a list of approved A/C Quality contractors who can help you meet ENERGY STAR® Quality Installation Guidelines.
Enter Your zipcode here to find a contractor that services your area:
Contractors in the ENERGY STAR® Quality Installation Program have been chosen for their experience and skill. The program encourages contractors tohave at least 50 percent of their technicians North American Technician Excellence (NATE)-certified. NATE is the leading technician certification body in the HVAC industry.
In addition to this industry-standard certification, participating contractors have received specific training from SCE on ENERGY STAR® Quality Installation Program requirements, including designing, specifying and installing residential air conditioning systems in compliance with the highest standard, ANSI/ACCA 5 QI-2010: HVAC Quality Installation Specification.
The ANSI/ACCA Specification is the only American National Standards Institute (ANSI) approved specification that governs the installation of residential air conditioning systems. In order to be eligible for an ENERGY STAR® Quality Installation rebate, you must use one of the participating contractors.
- Check references — Ask contractors for customer references and call them. Ask about the contractor's installation or service performance, and if the job was completed on time and within budget.
- Find special offers — A heating and cooling system is one of the largest purchases you'll make as a homeowner. Keep your costs down by checking around for available rebates on energy-efficient ENERGY STAR qualified heating and cooling equipment. Enroll in our Quality Maintenance Program and get up to $150 in rebates. Visit our Resource Links page for valuable information about choosing the right equipment for your needs.
- Get written, itemized estimates — When comparing contractors' proposals (bids), be sure to compare cost, energy efficiency and warranties. A lowest price may not be the best deal if it's not the most efficient because your energy costs will be higher.
- Get it in ink — Sign a written proposal with a contractor before work gets started. It'll protect you by specifying project costs, model numbers, job schedule and warranty information.
- Pass it on — Tell friends and family about ENERGY STAR and our Quality Maintenance Program. Almost one-quarter of households knowingly purchased at least one qualified product last year, and 71% of those consumers say they would recommend ENERGY STAR to a friend. Spread the word, and we can all make a big difference.
SCE encourages customers to obtain more than one bid or quote when seeking energy efficiency services. SCE does not endorse or guarantee the service, work, or financial stability of the contractors listed . Contractors listed have completed SCE the A/C Program training, but no particular contractor is recommended or endorsed by SCE. Any agreement between a customer and a vendor is exclusive of SCE and SCE is not a party or guarantor of that agreement. Customers who choose to participate in these programs are not obligated to purchase any full fee services from contractor not provided under the offered A/C energy efficiency programs. SCE does not guarantee contractor participation in any particular area. To see a list of available contractors or to refer your local contractor to this program, please visit ac-quality.com.